The new Google Chromecast Audio is here to help you listen to your favorite music in a whole new, yet simple, way! Other music streaming devices out there use Bluetooth to connect, while the Chromecast Audio uses WiFi so you can stream crystal clear high resolution sound like never before.
I received two of these awesome little devices to try out and I have to say I was blown away with the ease of use for a less than tech-genius person like myself. I was able to easily set up my devices in just a few minutes using my phone, but you can also set up the Chrome Audio from a tablet or computer, so no matter where you store your favorite music you can stream it no problem.
I tried to take a few screenshots through the setup process but it was really so simple that there wasn’t much time to try and capture screenshots. After the Chrome Audio finished setting up I waited a couple minutes for the update and was able to stream my favorite tunes in no time.
Once your Chrome Audio is set up, simply plug into your speaker’s auxiliary input and connect to your Wi-Fi network. Then just tap the Cast button from your favorite apps on your phone, tablet or computer to cast songs, radio stations and podcasts to your speaker. I really love the multi-room feature so when I’m cleaning the house or just busy moving about, I can still enjoy every single second of my favorite songs without missing a beat.
- Smart enabled – Get access to a world of instant entertainment with this product. Just connect to the Internet and stream movies, listen to music, and access a wide variety of other content.
- A huge selection of entertainment – Wirelessly stream millions of songs, radio stations and podcasts from your favorite apps like Pandora, iHeartRadio, NPR, Spotify and Google Play Music.
- Cast music from your phone, tablet or computer – Pair with your Apple® iPhone® or iPad®, Android phone or tablet, Mac or Windows laptop or Chromebook.
- Multiroom audio – Lets you play music throughout your home. Group Chromecast audio devices together so you can listen to the same song on multiple speakers.
- High-speed wireless connectivity – Built-in 2.4GHz/5.0GHz 802.11ac Wi-Fi connects to the Internet through your wireless home network (wireless router required and sold separately).
- Easily connect with your speakers – Just plug Chromecast Audio into your speakers via the auxiliary input, connect to Wi-Fi and tap the Cast button from your favorite apps.
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.